Wednesday

Iron Maiden star flies Reds


Liverpool will set off for their Europa League clash with Napoli later this morning with the lead singer of one of the world's biggest rock bands flying their plane.
Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson will captain the aircraft that is set to depart John Lennon airport for Italy at 11am.

The heavy metal legend has been flying for over 20 years - in between performing at sold-out arenas across the globe of course.

"I started flying about 20-odd years ago just to see what it was like," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I've been interested in flying since I was a kid but I was always busy with music so I never had time to do anything.

"When I did get a bit of time, I just got completely hooked and one thing has led to another - but I'm not quite sure how I've ended up as the captain of an airliner!

"I don't know what (career) gives me the bigger thrill as they're both big rushes for me. I am never going to give up singing because it's been my life and there are so many Iron Maiden fans out there who would come and lynch me if I did.

"We actually took one of these airlines around the world badged up with Iron Maiden logos and with all our equipment, roadies and the band. That was very exciting and combined both things."

While Dickinson admits football is not his preferred sport, the prestige of flying Liverpool Football Club on their latest European adventure has not been lost on him.

He added: "Liverpool are an amazing club. They are more than a club, they are an institution and represent such a body of people here in the city. I hope they do well - it would been good see them with their tails up."

No comments:

Post a Comment