Thursday

Steven Gerrard. Last press conf

Video: Steven Gerrard’s Liverpool Farewell Press Conference in Full

 on 
Steven Gerrard addressed the media ahead of his final Liverpool home game this Saturday against Crystal Palace at Melwood on Thursday afternoon.

Video: Sentanta Sports (YouTube)
Ahead of what will doubtlessly be an emotional day, Gerrard was asked about the experience and memories he will take away from his career at Liverpool, and what the future has in store.
“I have been dreading this moment at the end of the game in a strange way because I am going to miss it so much, playing at Anfield,” he told press. “The aim is to stay strong and avoid a few tears.
“I am not really one for attention. I feel a bit sorry for my team-mates. All the attention is on me but when the whistle goes it will be about getting the three points.
“I can only apologise if it has all been about me. I have never tried to grab any glory. From day one I have always tried to pull in the direction of the team.”
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace gets underway at 5:30pm on Saturday, 16th May and is live on Sky Sports in the UK. Stay tuned to This Is Anfield for more build-up and coverage of Gerrard’s swan song.

No comments:

Post a Comment